6.02.2016

Monthly Favorites: May 2016

May Favorites by Eloise Edition
1. Not Your Mother's, Lock Luster: I'm a big fan of NYM products, especially the Lock Luster Oil Treatment main because it smells uber good but it also does fancy things to make your hair stronger. The serum helps repair damaged hair, tames frizz and moisturizes your locks. Whether I curl, straighten or go natural (which is risky business), I always rub a little bit though my hair. A little goes a long way and I only apply it to the end of my hair to avoid making the back of my head look greasy and gross. No one likes that. Also NYM products at Ulta are buy 2 get 1 free right now. You can thank me later.
2. Honey by Marc Jacobs: Technically, this is a little mis-categorized because it's not just one of my May favorites, but one of my all time favorite perfumes. It's sweet, warm, floral - everything you could ask for in a spring/summer scent. If you're planning on buying Honey (the perfume of course, not this stuff that bees make), go with Amazon to get the most out of your money. If a face-off between Amazon's 3.4 oz $47 bottle and Ulta's 1.7 oz $78 bottle went down, Amazon would win every time.
3. EOS Honeysuckle Honeydew: I've loved the sweet scent of Honeysuckle's ever since I was little, so when my friend introduced me to this EOS, it became an instant winner in my book. I've been attempting to stay extra moisturized since I've been in Colorado and I don't my chapped little lips to hate me when I get back.
4. Snap Happy by Essie (similar): Personally, red is a little too bold for me as a fingernail color but it's my absolute favorite toenail color. It says look I'm at least a little sort cool maybe, without lookin too try hard. Red is also one of my school's colors so it was the perfect polish for graduation earlier this month.
5. Birkenstock Sandals: Okay, okay, I'm really late on this trend, but that doesn't make me a fake fan. I finally bought a pair of Birks and I heart them. They go with almost everything, they're comfortable and they're super cute to top it all off. 
6. Black Strap Sandals: These heels mainly made the list because they're the real MVP for being manageable enough to keep me from face-planting at graduation. It's just a bonus that they're pretty adorable.
7. Love Does: This book by Bob Goff will cheer your soul right up even on your grumpiest days. It puts life in perspective and is a good reminder that my actions should always be driven by love. It was so good I should probably send Bob Goff an edible arrangement or something.
8. Secret Paris Coloring Book: Through a chain of unfortunate events my large sized Disney Princess coloring book got super bent up, so now I color in this book. Also now I want to move to Paris which is an issue because I'm 100% broke. 
9.  Sixteen Candles: Well, Sixteen Candles stars Molly Ringwald so really what more can I ask for. It's a classic 80's flick which I've had for a few years but recently re-watched. Lucky for Netflix addicts, it was added a little while back so you can watch till your heart's content.
10. Hamilton: I already fangirled a little about Hamilton in my last post, but if you think that will stop me from fangirling now you are mistaken. It's just good, okay. It's basically a history lesson on the founding father Alexander Hamilton through rap and hip-hop. My little sister complains because I play it so much. I'm letting my family suffer because that's how deep my love is. I hope you enjoy it, but try not to get dangerously obsessed. 

Well, looks like that's a wrap. I hope you enjoyed me rambling about things I love. Let's do it again next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment