6.07.2016

Travel Bug Vol. 1: Colorado 2016

This Travel Bug feature was affectionately titled Weed Town U.S.A. as a draft, but I thought the current title would be more appropriate. Alright, Colorado is too beautiful for words. I'm going to write a whole blog post to the best of my ability and still fail to express how gorgeous the nature of Colorado truly is. It was humbling to look around and see the magnitude of my surroundings. I got the opportunity to visit Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, The Olympic Train Center in Colorado Springs, The United States Air Force Academy and Red Rocks Amphitheater at the end of May. As a result, I suggest you visit Colorado immediately. Don't have the money? That's fine, just start walking and hitch-hike till you get there. It'll be worth it. Not a serious suggestion, kids. Hitch-Hiking is a dangerous endeavor. But you get the picture. Colorado is amazing and if you get the chance you should go.
Travel Bug: Colorado by Eloise Edition
Rocky Mountain Nation Park by Eloise Edition
Colorado is absolutely breath taking. Yes, I mean beautiful but also the high altitude makes it difficult to breath if you try to run around as I often do when I'm overly excited. I was obviously over excited because look at this babe of a state. Additionally, I saw a deer run out to play and splash in the lake when I was at the Rocky Mountain National Park, so I practically lost my mind. Right after that it started snowing soft little flakes. The moment was magical and very Narnia-esque.
Deer at Rocky Mountain Nation Park by Eloise Edition
Rocky Mountain Nation Park by Eloise Edition
I was going to type out a cute and meaningful quote, but I ended up with this. I think it adequately expresses my feelings in nature as a 21st century internet child.
Rocky Mountain Nation Park by Eloise Edition
Rocky Mountain Nation Park by Eloise Edition
Estes Park by Eloise Edition
Estes Park is the cutest little town. It's surrounded by small cabins tucked in the Rockies. The streets are lined with boutiques, sweets shops and restaurants like Mama Rose's. I kept thinking how fun it would be to spend Christmas in one of the cabins overlooking Estes Park when the town is glowing with Christmas lights.
Cadet Chapel by Eloise Edition
Apparently, if you are a cadet you can have your wedding at this chapel, so my new aspiration is to find a cadet to marry asap.
Cadet Chapel by Eloise Edition
Seeing a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater has now been added to my bucket list. Can you even imagine how incredible that would be. I cannot wait to go back.
Red Rocks by Eloise Edition
When we went to the Olympic Training Center we got to talk to Tamyra Mensah who is the number one U.S. women's wrestler and Lauren Gibbs who is training as a bobsledder for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Lauren's arms were as big around as my head, so she's an absolute stud.
Olympic Training Center by Eloise Edition

I hope you enjoyed seeing  peak into my trip to Colorado! I'd love to hear what you thought of this post, so comment or come talk to me on any of my social media linked below!


Pinterest Icon from Eloise Edition
Instagram Icon from Eloise Edition
Tumblr Icon from Eloise Edition
Bloglovin' Icon from Eloise Edition
Email Icon from Eloise Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment